Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What a Tuesday!!! (Omeletts)

Want to know how to torture me,  you put me in the fitting room at work and leave me there for 8 hours..  that is how..  I do not like that place..  but because I like to stay busy it was very clean when I finished..  stayed busy enough to NOT size the hangers in the closet,  but if I had had time,  it would have so been done..  Since I was in there I decided to prove a point,  that if we have competent people manning it,  then it doesn't get trashed..
So after getting a little adjustment on my car I decided to come home and make omelettes..  I love them,  so quick, easy and yummy..










My BekahBoo being silly with her plain bland omelette!!

Vegetable Cheese Omelettes

Olive Oil
1/2 onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
4 oz mushrooms, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced

Heat oil in a skillet,  add the vegetables and saute until crisp tender,  about 5 minutes.. turn off heat and set aside

3 eggs
2 tbsp half and half or whipping cream
salt
pepper
dash hot sauce or sriracha sauce
Shredded Cheddar Cheese,  or your fav cheese shredded

In a skillet heat olive oil over medium low heat,  in a med bowl break eggs and beat for a few minutes,  add the whipping cream, salt, pepper and sriracha sauce..  pour into the hot pan and tilt pan to spread to the edges..  let cook for about 3 minutes and with a large spatula turn the egg gently,  add some cheese and top with some of the vegetable mixture and more cheese fold in half and let cook another minute..
Serve with Bagels, toast and fruit.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment