Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday!!! Bowties with Italian Sausage, Mushrooms and Peas, Browies)

I had such an amazing weekend,  even with the hiccup with my car,  I got to spend time with my youngest son Carey William,  I love him so very much..  Even though he didn't hang around for long,  it was good to spend time with him.. I always appreciate seeing him,  for however long it is..  :)   I got a lot accomplished this weekend,  the apt is nice and clean,  still would like to move things out and clean and vacuum behind them,  will need a little Boo help for that..  My bedroom is clean,  I pulled my cedar chest out of my closet and put it at the end of my bed.. I really love it there,  cleaned out my closet and found a pair of shoes I forgot I had..  bought a few new outfits,  :)  got them 50 to 75% off..  cleaned out the fridge and freezer and then went food shopping..  Found a few new recipes I am going to try the next couple of weeks..  Now just need to print out a few pictures and fill up my new collage frame and then put up my wall plaques in the dining room.. 
Had an awesome day at work today..  a 4 1/2 hr shift is always great,  until payday then I feel it,  but sometimes it is worth it..  Went to the nail salon this afternoon and had a wonderful pedicure and fill..  I love pedicures.. they feel so good..  love my funky nails..
I came home and took a little nap then started dinner.. Brownies are in the oven right now.. they smell so very good..

Bowties with Italian Sausage, Mushrooms and Peas

1 pkg Bowtie Pasta(Farfalle)
Olive oil
onion, chopped
garlic, minced
2 to 4 Hot Italian Sausage(I use turkey)
8 oz mushrooms, sliced
frozen peas
parmesan cheese

Cook pasta according to pkg directions..  In a large skillet heat olive oil and saute onion for 5 minutes, add garlic and saute for a minute,  add Italian sausage and cook until done..  add the mushrooms and cook for about 8 minutes,  add the peas and cook until thawed..  stir in the drained pasta and top with parmesan cheese.. 











Brownies

4 eggs
2 c sugar
1 c butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 c all purpose flour
1/3 c cocoa
1/2 c chocolate chips
1/2 c chopped walnuts

In a bowl beat the eggs and sugar until light yellow,  add the butter slowly, beating to incorporate the butter into the egg/sugar mixture..  Add the vanilla and flour,  mix well,  add the cocoa, mix and then add the chocolate chips and walnuts,  Mix well, pour into a greased 9x13 inch pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment