Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting!! Patiently?? (Avocado Egg Salad Sandwiches)

Another glorious Wednesday greeted me this morning as I woke up at 6am,  I didn't get up,  just dozed on and off until 8am;  then decided to get up and check the status of Saundra's b'day present from Boo and I..  Urban Decay's Naked Palette..  she has been wanting it since she got the Alice in Wonderland collection last year..  so I ordered it even though her b'day is next month..  :)  
I will probably break down and let her have it,  though I keep telling her I am going to keep it from her..   This wonderful package is keeping me from going to see Winnie the Pooh this afternoon..  grrr.. going to have to wait til Sunday after Boo and I get off work..  so as I am sitting here trying to be patient about said pkg and movie I have been browsing some of my favorite web sites and blogs..  and alas there is this recipe for an Avocado Egg Salad that sounds just delish,  and I have eggs and avocados and the rest of the ingredients so I am making lunch..  just put the eggs on to boil,(so I forgot to turn the stove on, sue me.. lol)  so now waiting for them to finish cooking so I can complete the recipe and eat,  cause my Cheerios from 8am are long gone.. 











Avocado Egg Salad

8 or 9 boiled eggs
2 large avocados, chopped
4 tbsp mayo
3 tsp vinegar
salt and pepper to taste
chopped chives or green onions
Bread

In a large bowl mash the eggs,  add the avocado pieces and mash again,  add the mayo, vinegar, s&p and mix well,  spread on a slice of bread and sprinkle with chives or green onions and a slice of tomato if you are feeling it.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment