Sunday, July 3, 2011

Struggling!! (Taco's, Spanish Rice, Guacamole)

I hate depression,  I hate how it sneaks up on me and catches me off guard.. I am not sure if it has something to do with my neck hurting for a week now,  I know it also had a little to do with it being my brother's birthday.. I have basically slept most of the weekend,  I forced myself to get up today and do a few things..  I made a shopping list,  went shopping,  came home and cleaned the kitchen, cooked dinner,  did some prep for dinner tomorrow,  fed the dogs, ate dinner and cleaned the kitchen again.. 
I hate what depression does to me.. I hate that it takes over and makes me feel the way it does.. I try to fight it.. and I succeed most of the time.. but sometimes,  when I least expect it,  it sneaks up on me and takes me out for a couple days until I reign it in and take my life back..  I think it is why I don't stop for very long.. I push myself constantly probably because I don't want to be taken over by depression,  I am afraid most of the time to let my guard down.. to be still for any length of time..  because I think that it will take over who I am and I will lose myself in it forever..  I don't like that person.. 


Taco's

Ground Turkey Breast
olive oil
onion, chopped
sweet peppers, chopped
garlic, minced
pkt of low sodium taco seasoning
salsa
soft taco shells
cheddar cheese, shredded
lettuce, shredded
tomatoes, chopped
sour cream

In a large skillet heat the oil,  add the onion and peppers and cook for a few minutes,  add the garlic and the turkey breast.. cook until done,  add the pkt of taco seasoning, a little water and about 1 to 1 1/2 c salsa.. cook over low heat for about 20 minutes..  serve with the shells and other ingredients..

Spanish Rice

Olive oil
onion, chopped
sweet peppers, chopped
garlic, minced
1 c rice
14 oz can diced tomatoes(southwestern style)
enough water to make 2 c liquid

In a saucepan heat oil,  cook the onion and peppers for a few minutes,  add the garlic and rice,  cook over medium heat for about 2 to 3 minutes..  then add the tomatoes and water,  reduce heat to low and stir.. cover and cook until done,  about 20 to 25 minutes..  fluff with fork.. 


Guacamole

3 avacados
1 lime
salt
pepper
salsa

cut the avacado in half, remove pit and cut into chunks..  scrape out with a spoon into a bowl,  squeeze the juice of the lime over the avacados,  stir and add salt and pepper,  add a little salsa and stir.. 


yummy peppers!!

the best peppers..  I LOVE them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment