Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wonderful Rainy Wednesday!!! (Cream Cheese Poundcake)

What a wonderful day..  I got so much done today.. it's crazy,  but if it had been sunny I could have gotten so much more done..  I am so excited about my 3 new rose bushes..  I haven't had roses in over 5 years..  so I need to read up on them again..  I cleaned the downstairs this morning,  cleaned my bedroom,  have done laundry.. folded and put up 2 loads,  still have 2 to go.. took all the crap back to Comcast and did some shopping..   I have also put a whole chicken in the oven to roast with celery, onions, carrots and potatoes..  the house smells yummy..  it is done and now I have a lovely Cream Cheese Pound cake in the oven..  I haven't made a pound cake in a while..  I love them.. I grew up with them.. my mom and all my aunts made the best pound cakes ever..  I miss them.. the crust on them would be an inch thick.. ahh the memories..
I like using my mom's cake pans.. I inherited a few of them..  I am glad I have them.. makes her feel close..  I know that she would be so proud of everything that the girls and I have accomplished together..  that has always been my goal in life,  more so since she passed away,  to make her proud of the person I am,  and how I treat others..  there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about her and miss her..  sometimes I lie awake at night and think about her..  so happy I had her for the time that I did..  she was truly an inspiration to me.. taught me so much about how to be strong and independent..  it was like she knew that I needed those specific lessons..  



















My mommy's pan,  all dented and everything,  but I love using it..  makes her feel close..







Cream Cheese Pound Cake

1 1/2 c butter(3 sticks) softened
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
3 c sugar
6 eggs
3 c flour
1/8 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla

In a large mixer beat the butter and cream cheese together until well combined..  add sugar and mix well..  add the eggs 1 at a time until well blended..  add the vanilla and salt..  then add the flour 1 c at a time and mix well..  pour into prepared pan(greased and floured) and bake in a 300 degree oven for 1 hour and 40 minutes.. checking after an hour..

No comments:

Post a Comment