Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Finally Tuesday!!!! (Pasta With Tomato Cream Sauce)

I made it to Tuesday..  it has been a rough 6 days..  being sick, working 6 days straight,  2 of them closes and then 2 opens..  my body hurts,  my feet are screaming at me,  which means it's time for new shoes..  I go through work shoes like crazy..  but I guess that happens when you are on your feet 8 hours a day, constantly moving..  I re-aggravated the stress fracture in my left foot..  yay me.. life is one big adventure..  :)   I am also closer to seeing my Buttercup this weekend,  I miss her sweet face..  Since it has been storming/raining off and on all day I decided to make a pasta dish for dinner..  I have made it a couple times before and it is so simple and delish..   


















Pasta with Tomato Cream Sauce


1 1/2 lbs of fettuchine, cooked according to pkg directions, reserve 1 c of the pasta water
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans tomato sauce
salt and pepper
1 tbsp sugar
1 c heavy cream
1/2 c grated parmesan cheese
fresh basil


In a large saucepan heat the olive oil and butter,  add the onion and cook 2 to 3 minutes,  add the garlic and cook another minute,  add the tomato sauce, salt, pepper and sugar.. stir well and reduce heat to low,  cook for 25 to 30 minutes,  remove from heat and add the heavy cream and stir well,  add the parmesan cheese and stir.. add some of the reserved pasta water to get it to the consistency that you want it..  add the pasta and stir well.. top with the chopped fresh basil and more parmesan cheese..  serve with a green salad and bread.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment