Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Finally a day that feels like Spring.. Loving my Wednesdays!!! (Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken, Garlic Red Potatoes, Lemon Squares)

It has been while since I have posted any recipes..  life sometimes gets in the way of cooking and writing,  and I need to stop it..  I need to at least write once a week in my blog,  just for the sole purpose of how it makes me feel..  Writing,  like cooking, is one of my passions.. so I need to indulge myself more and allow myself to write..   I have been battling some type of Bronchitis, Upper Respiratory, Sinus type infection for the past week or so and it is kicking my behind..  I even planned on staying in bed most of the day today,  but I couldn't..  my craziness wouldn't allow it..  so I got up and Boo and I went and grabbed some things at the store.. new bird feeder,  more food, a free standing bird stand to hang the bird feeders on,  a bird bath and some raspberry plants..  We didn't plant the raspberries because of the frost that is supposed to happen tonight,  but we did get everything else out in the yard..  it is starting to come together slowly..  can't wait to get rid of the stupid boxwood bushes in the front of the porch,  then I can start planting my rose bushes and lavender...  :)    Then I decided since I found such a great deal on chicken breast that I would grill chicken for dinner..  it is smelling delish too.. 


Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken

1/3 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon steak sauce
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast

In a bowl stir together the first 4 ingredients,  reserve some to brush on the chicken as it is grilling and pour the rest over the chicken and let it sit for 30 minutes or so..  grill until juices run clear


Garlic Red Potatoes

2 pounds red potatoes, quartered
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1 lemon, juiced

On a large sheet of heavy duty aluminum foil pour a little oil and then place the potatoes,  add the salt and pepper and a couple tbsp butter, garlic and squeeze the juice of a lemon over.. seal the foil and place on the grill and cook until done





















Lemon Squares

2 c all purpose flour
1/2 c powdered sugar
2 sticks butter, melted

Mix together and pat into the bottom of a 9x13 pan,  bake in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown

4 eggs
2 c sugar
1/3 c lemon juice
zest of 2 lemons
1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
powdered sugar for dusting

Beat the eggs and sugar together until lemon yellow,  add the lemon zest and juice and mix well,  add the flour and baking soda and mix until well blended,  pour over crust and bake 25 minutes until golden brown..  let cool,  dust with powdered sugar and cut into squares.. 



fresh pineapple and strawberries..  yummy


No comments:

Post a Comment