Saturday, April 14, 2012

Beautiful Saturday, you are an inspiration!! (Banana Bread)

What an amazing day we have been given.. it is so gorgeous,  right temp,  lots of glorious sunshine..  what more could a person ask for..  I am always in awe of how beautiful each day is..  God has blessed me so much and I want to show Him how thankful I am for those blessings by being humble and willing to share His blessings with others..  Sometimes I take a step of faith and realize that it wasn't from Him,  it was from me wanting something now instead of waiting for his perfect timing for my life.  I continue to grow daily in my walk,  do I stumble?  oh yes,  I will always stumble,  but I always try to do my best..  Dying to self is probably the hardest thing to do in this life... It has been a good morning..  rested, played on pinterest, made banana bread and muffins and it smells yummy and I am getting ready to head out to the front porch with my Kindle and coffee and read for a while before I have to get ready to go to work..













Banana Bread

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 c applesauce or oil
1 c sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves

Mix the first 5 ingredients together,  add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon in and mix well..  pour into a greased loaf pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour..  cool,  remove from pan and enjoy..  can also put in a muffin pan and bake...  just adjust the baking time to about 25 to 30 minutes..  depending on your oven.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment