Monday, January 23, 2012

Mondays can be good!!!! (Maple Rum Glazed Chicken, Chicken Flavored Rice)

What a wonderful Monday,  even though it rained most of the day..  My Monday was awesome..  I got so much done today..  I love when I can see what I have done..  Cosmetics tomorrow..  Yay!!  I haven't been over there for a week,  I am sure it is a mess..  will be nice to get it back together too..  :)  I wasn't going to cook dinner tonight,  was just going to have tomato soup and grilled cheese,  but the girls convinced me to cook,  and I am glad that I did..  I love trying new recipes..  I love being in the kitchen,  especially when I have someone to talk to.. and my Boo kept me company..
 




Maple Rum Glazed Chicken

Olive Oil
3 chicken breast,  sliced in half to thin out
3 green onions, chopped
8 oz sliced mushrooms
3 Tbsp Rum
1 c salsa or picante sauce
1/4 c maple syrup

In a large saucepan heat oil,  when it is hot add the chicken,  cook about 5 minutes on each side until brown,  add the onions and mushrooms,  stir around and then add the rum.  cook 2 minutes,  add the picante sauce and maple syrup..  stir and then let cook about 15 to 20 minutes until chicken is done,  turning after 10 minutes..





Chicken Flavored Rice

Olive oil
1 c rice
4 tbsp butter
2 c chicken broth
salt and pepper
paprika
garlic powder
Garlic and herb seasoning

In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat,  add the rice and cook until browned,  add the butter and melt completely,  add the chicken broth and seasonings,  stir well, cover and cook about 25 minutes over medium heat,  check after 15 and stir if needed..

No comments:

Post a Comment