Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Is it January?!?!?!?! (Spicy Peanut Noodles with Chicken and Stir Fry Veges)

So this is January of 2012,  feels like March or April..  Are we going to have a winter??  I want to use my fireplace more..  I want to wear my sweaters, jackets, cardigans and boots more..  I need a little more cold air,  a little snow would be nice too..   We have been having bi-polar weather the whole month.. keeps going back and forth.. just can't make up it's mind.. Everything is going great with the house.. we are still LOVING it..  still love sitting in my living room watching the birds make little piggies out of themselves..  so cute though..  love watching them.. 
Have had a couple issues with the house,  but nothing to drastic,  first issue was a couple days before Christmas and I had a pan soaking that I had made caramel in and pouring it out to put in the dishwasher.. then I heard a splash and my blood ran cold..  I opened the cabinet under the sink and there stands water.. ugghhh..  the pipe from the garbage disposal and the sink had came undone..  so I asked a friend what he knew about sinks and he came and fixed it..  still have to fix the wood underneath and we are all good..  eventually I plan on redoing my kitchen..  Needneedneed an island..  badly..   A couple days ago I came home from work,  open the freezer and there is ice covering everything.. so I called and they sent someone out today..  seems I have a leak,  but they didn't fix it..  pried the layer of ice out of the bottom and said if it happens again to call back.. and I already called back,  waiting on them to call me..  I just hate when men look at a woman and think that maybe because she is blonde that she isn't very smart..  grrrr.... 
I know I haven't blogged a lot this year,  and I am going to try to do at least 2 blogs a week with one new recipe and an old favorite of the family..  Life keeps getting in the way of me doing things that I love,  and I am going to stop letting it..  so be on the lookout for my blog posts and if I don't hold up my end of the bargain,  then I give you permission to call me out on it.. 
Tonight I am making Spicy Peanut Noodles with Chicken and Stir Fry Veges.. something the girls have been begging me to make for a while..  tomorrow or Friday I will make up a list of food for the next 2 to 4 weeks for dinners and make out my shopping list for this weekend.. If I have some free time I might post the list,  ingredients and some of the recipes..  we will see..  I have also being obsessed with Pinterest.. love it.. getting lots of great ideas for food, crafts and the house..  :)  Will probably be incorporating some of those ideas also.. 













Spicy Peanut Noodles with Chicken and Stir Fry Vegetables

Olive oil
2 chicken breast, sliced and cooked
1 onion, sliced
1 bell pepper, sliced
1 pkg stir fry vegetables
1 pkg whole wheat thin spaghetti, cooked to al dente and drained.. reserving 1/2 to 1 c pasta water
1 c peanut butter
4 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
4 tsp minced garlic
3 tsp chili sauce,  hot sauce
2 tsp minced ginger
about 1/4 c honey


In a large skillet heat the oil and cook the chicken until done,  can add a little soy sauce, honey and ginger while cooking if desired..  add a little more oil and cook the onions and bell peppers for a couple minutes,  add garlic and stir fry vege's,  cook until crisp tender..
In a large bowl mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chili sauce, ginger and ginger,  stirring well to combine,  add to the chicken and vegetables in the skillet and cook.. add 1/4 c of the pasta water and continue stirring,  continue adding 1/4 cup at a time until desired thickness..  toss with the hot noodles.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment