Thursday, January 12, 2012

Finally Cold!!! (Broccoli Cheese Soup)

So finally we are seeing some cold weather..  YaY!!!  We get to use the fireplace..  I love the fireplace..   I have decided that I am going to put maybe a small mirror over the fireplace surrounded with different pictures.. I am going to make it a focal picture wall..  paint it a metallic brown and use black picture frames..  I am sure that Samantha will be featured the most..  :)   She is just so darn cute..   I am also excited about the possibility of snow flurries tonight..  I came home from work wondering what I am going to make for dinner tonight..  and decided quickly on Broccoli Cheese Soup..  I cheated and used some leftover Broccoli with Cheese Sauce from Saturday's dinner that was just sitting in the fridge..  we paired the soup with some French Bread and we were all very happy..


Broccoli Cheese Soup

1/2 to 1 pkg frozen broccoli cooked in water with either chicken or beef bouillon cubes..
3 tbsp butter
3 tbsp olive oil
6 tbsp all purpose flour
salt and pepper
the reserved water from the broccoli plus enough added milk or cream to make 8 c.
8 oz shredded cheese or velveeta

In a large saucepan heat the butter and oil until butter is melted,  add the flour and stir together..  add salt and pepper and cook for a couple minutes over medium low heat..  stir in the water/milk/cream mixture slowly, stirring as you add..  add the cheese and stir until melted..   cook about 10 minutes until bubbly.. ( I cheated and used about a 4 oz countainer of leftover broccoli with velveeta cheese sauce from Saturday's dinner.. I added it after the milk mixture and stirred it in before adding the cheese.. and then only added 4 oz cheese..)  it was yummy, quick and very filling..

No comments:

Post a Comment