Monday, August 19, 2013

What is up with this weather?!?!?!?! (Homemade Tomato Soup)

It has been a little while since I last posted..  life has been busy..  work has been crazy with everyone going back to school and everything..  I also have another stress fracture in my foot..  fun times..  Boo has been doing some cooking for me so I can rest my foot when I get home.. which helps so much..  So tonight,  because of the weather I decided to make Tomato Soup for dinner.. it is a quick recipe and I switched it up a little..


Homemade Tomato Soup

Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
2 c chicken broth
salt and pepper
Italian seasoning, garlic powder, red chili pepper, onion powder, paprika, seasoned salt
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 c seasoned bread crumbs

In a large sauce pan heat olive oil,  add the onion and garlic and cook for about 5 minutes..  add the tomatoes, chicken broth and seasonings and bring to a boil..  turn heat down and let simmer for about 20 minutes..  add the bread crumbs and let cook another 5 minutes or so.. taste and adjust seasonings..  serve with crusty bread and a salad or grilled cheese..  tonight we had grilled cheese..  Pepper Jack, Cheddar, Swiss and American..

No comments:

Post a Comment