Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday!!! (Homemade Tortillas)

Saturday's off are few and far between..  this one has been something..  My poor Mamf's is a sick little girl..  she was up all night with an upset tummy and we had some funny conversations..  It has been a laid back day,  just taking it slow and keeping her as calm and quiet as possible.. she hasn't eaten anything but a banana today and wanted to cook something she liked,  rice,  that is good for an upset stomach and sort of bland..  but for everyone else I was in the mood for Mexican..  so I cooked some ground Chicken Breast with onion and garlic in olive oil added some taco sauce I got from Kroger for $1.00 and let it simmer for a while..  I also added a little water..  I also made refried beans..  I heated olive oil in a pan,  added onion and garlic and cooked it for a while and then added leftover pinto beans to the pan with the juice..  heated it through until it was boiling,  added homemade taco seasoning and taco sauce..  then let .   it simmer, stirring often until it is thick..   I got the Tortilla recipe from one of my favorite sites.. BudgetBytes.com..  



Homemade Tortillas

1 c wheat flour
1 c all purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp oil
3/4 c warm water

Mix together and then turn out onto a floured board..  knead for about a minute and then let sit 10 minutes..   divide the dough into 10 to 12 equal sizes and roll into balls,  using a rolling pin roll each one on a floured surface until very thin,  being careful to keep it as circular as possible..  cook in a hot dry pan for a few minuted on each side..  the tortilla will bubble up and blister a little bit..  stack on a plate and keep warm until all are cooked..

No comments:

Post a Comment