Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Super Moon Tuesday!!! (Oven Fajitas, Spanish Rice)

It is another lovely Tuesday..  one of my busiest days at work.. and I am usually alone..  I did get 5 Healthcare Salesplanners completed today..  what a mess though...  the next few weeks are going to be crazy..   Tonight I am trying a new recipe.. Oven Fajitas that I found on one of my favorite blogs/websites..  Budgetbytes.com...  Beth M is a genius when it comes to food and breaking down how much it cost..  I already had the ingredients..  I tend to buy extra when things go on sale and then don't have to buy it at a much higher price..  you can mix your own seasonings or buy the packet..  I had everything already so I just mixed it..


Oven Fajitas

1 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp red cayenne pepper
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp cornstarch

mix together and set aside

1 large onion, halved and sliced
2 green bell peppers, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
4 oz mushrooms, sliced
1 lb chicken breast, sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1 lime
8 6 inch tortillas
toppings of your choice

In a 9x13 dish mix the vegetables and chicken,  sprinkle with the oil and spices and then toss together with your hands until evenly coated..  bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 30 to 45 minutes..  When cooked through squeeze the juice of a lime over and serve on the tortillas

Spanish Rice

cooked rice 3 c or more
1 can tomatoes with chilis
1/2 c salsa
1/2 c water..
salt and pepper to taste

mix together in pan and heat over medium low heat, stirring often and adding more water as needed..  can add spices to make it hotter..


No comments:

Post a Comment