Tuesday, October 4, 2011

It's been a while!!! (Spicy Peanut Noodles)

So for the last week and a half I have been fighting a sinus and upper respiratory infection..  working all the time makes it hard to battle these things effectively,  but thank goodness this one didn't turn into walking pneumonia..  so while battling I haven't felt much like cooking anything since I made the soup..   The past week has been a challenge.. today was my 6th straight day and thankfully I have tomorrow off..  YaY!!!  Going to clean the apt,  clean out the fridge and catch up on all the things that fall behind when I am working so much..   Tonight I got home and for the life of me could not figure out what I wanted to make for dinner..   I didn't have anything preplanned and so I decided to wing it and this is what I came up with.. 

Spicy Peanut Noodles

1 pkg whole wheat thing spaghetti, cooked to al dente and drained.. reserving 1/2 to 1 c pasta water
1 c peanut butter
4 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
4 tsp minced garlic
3 tsp chili sauce,  hot sauce
2 tsp minced ginger

In a large bowl mix the peanut butter, soy sauce, garlic, chili sauce and ginger,  stirring well to combine,  add 1/4 c of the pasta water and continue stirring,  continue adding 1/4 cup at a time until desired thickness..  toss with the hot noodles.. can add steamed, crisp vegetables to the pasta and sauce also.. or sauteed chicken slices..
I liked it,  but a little goes a long way,  plus I have to be careful with soy sauce.. even the reduced sodium has an adverse effect on me..    I paired the noodles with a yummy salad of romaine, granny smith apples, walnuts and dried cranberries,  topped with a raspberry dressing.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment