Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thankful!!! (Spinach Tortellini Soup)

What an amazing couple of days it has been..  I am so excited and proud of myself for getting my credit score over 700 in the past 2 years..  wow.. I wasn't completely convinced I could get it up that high..  but I did it..  hard work does pay off..  plus things are happening at work..  some changes are coming about..  I came home from work today and started dinner..  something new and quick.. so again I turn to my girl Beth M from Budget Bytes and pull up a recipe for Spinach Tortellini Soup..  I love her.. she has some great recipes..   I did change a few things up.. as I usually do..


Spinach Tortellini Soup

Olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 28oz can crushed tomatoes
1 28oz can tomato puree
1 1/2 cans of water
1 vegetable bouillon cube
Italian Seasoning
Cracked Black Pepper
1 pkg frozen cheese Tortellini
fresh or frozen spinach.. I used fresh because I had some that needed to be used

In a large stock pot heat olive oil,  add the onion and garlic and cook about 5 minutes over medium heat..  add the tomatoes, water and bouillon..  stir well and then add the seasoning..  bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes..  add the tortellini and spinach and cook for another 10 minutes or so, stirring occasionally..  serve with a salad, crusty bread or grilled cheese..

No comments:

Post a Comment