Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lazy Lazy Wednesday!!! (Beefy Taco Pasta)

It has been a lazy, lazy Wednesday here at the house..  I have been trying to be good and keep off my foot as much as possible.. not an easy task for me.. but I did as well as I could..  I watched a couple of movies..  ~Under The Tuscan Sun~ and ~I Don't Know How She Does It~  both good movies..  I also made some pizza crust for Friday and have Marinara Sauce in the Crockpot simmering away..   With the pizza crust I made a couple loafs of Italian Bread also..   For dinner it was a new recipe from Budget Bytes that intrigued me when Beth M posted it..  so I had to try it..  only I mixed it up a tiny bit...


Beefy Taco Pasta

Olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
2 c cooked lentils(can use ground beef)
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp Italian Seasoning
red pepper flakes or cayenne pepper
1 (15oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (4oz) can diced chilies
1/2 c taco sauce
4 c beef broth
16 oz pasta,  egg noodles or any other shape
black olives, chopped
green onions, chopped
1 c grated sharp cheddar cheese

In a large pan heat olive oil over medium heat,  add the onion and bell pepper and cook for a few minutes,  add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes..  add the spices and lentils,  stir well..  add the tomatoes, chilies, taco sauce and beef broth..  add the uncooked pasta and push down into the broth.. cover and bring up to a boil, reduce heat and cook for about 10 minutes until pasta is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed, stirring a couple of times..  uncover and stir.. if still a lot of liquid turn heat up a bit and stir to keep pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan..  when liquid is absorbed stir in the cheese, black olives and green onions..   serve with a crisp green salad and bread..

No comments:

Post a Comment